2017 Trillium Trek Trail Run & Walk
Run Wild on Earth Day
Race along the trails in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve as part of Earth Day 2017 activities taking place at Elachee Nature Science Center.
With multiple courses, the Trillium Trek Trail Run & Walk is a great adventure for advanced racers and beginners alike, and the perfect opportunity to experience the great outdoors within Georgia's only Dedicated Old-Growth Forest.
When and Where is the Race?
Races and Entry Fees
- $60 = Half-Marathon*
- $45 = 10K Run
- $30 = 5K Run/Walk
- $20 = Kids Fun Run
- REGISTER NOW
Participants registered by April 12, 2017 are guaranteed a Tech T-Shirt. Refreshments will be available before and after the race.
Race Day Schedule
- Race Check In/Packet Pick Up: 6-7:45 a.m.
- Kids Fun Run: 7:30 a.m. Start
- All Other Races: 8 a.m. Start
- The overall top three male and female finishers for each race will receive a medal and prize.
- The top three male and female finishers in each age group will receive a medal.
- Each race's overall male and female winners will receive a complimentary registration for the 2018 Trillium Trek Trail Run & Walk.
- Trillium Trek is limited to 400 participants.
- Racers must stay on designated trails.
- Racers may not bring strollers or dogs on trails.
- Racers will abide by the rules of the hiking trails: Pack-in/Pack-out
- Maximum race time is 3 hours.
*Please note for Half-Marathon Participants: if during the race your per mile pace exceeds 14:50 (min:sec), we strongly encourage you to discontinue.
Course Overview: 5K, 10K and Half-Marathon
Races start in the Elachee Visitor Center parking lot with a brief portion of the race route along Elachee Drive (required for spacing), before entering the Forest. Once in the forest, Runners/Walkers actually travel along the hiking trails of Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. Race routes are well-marked with lots of cheerful volunteers guiding the way. The terrain features moderate-to-easy single track trails along rolling hills, with beautiful woodland scenery interspersed by several streams.
- The 5K race features a 150-foot suspension bridge crossing over Walnut Creek.
- The 10K and Half-Marathon races cross an earthen dam that features a spectacular view of the 8-acre Chicopee Lake.
Overview: Kids Fun Run
This child-friendly race has a course inspired by kid-tested, fun activities from Camp Elachee and Elachee Nature Academy. Participants will run along a 0.25-mile section of Elachee Creek trail, in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- Extend your Elachee visit to check out all the Nature Center has to offer. Tour Elachee's Live Animal exhibit. See the newly opened Pollinator Pass exhibit to watch real honeybees in their hives, and enjoy other interactive museum exhibits. Admission is $5 per adult and $3 for ages 2-12. Elachee Members get in free.
- Elachee's Earth Day Spring Plant Sale is April 22, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Find a diverse selection of unique perennials, broadleaf evergreens, wildflowers and ferns. Many are native to Georgia or are native hybrids not available in your local garden center. No admission required.