The ideal candidate will lead quality environmental education programs for school groups visiting on field trips. Responsibilities include on-site classroom teaching, experiential instruction on trail hikes and outreach programs.
- WEEK DAY Positions: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Average of 10- to 15-hours per week to conduct 3- to 4-hour programs.
Note: candidates will be asked to lead occasional evening or weekend programs.
- WEEKEND Positions: Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Salary starts at $10.00 per hour, based on experience.
- A college degree in education, science or a related field is preferred, and some previous college attendance is required.
- Experience in working with children is a must.
- Applicants subject to a Background Check, Driving Record Check and Drug Screening.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Cover letter specifying interest in a Naturalist (weekday) or Naturalist (weekend) position.
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
Mail or Email Package
Mail Completed Package to:
Elachee Nature Science Center
RE: Naturalist Position
2125 Elachee Drive
Gainesville, GA 30504
Email Completed Package to:
Subject Line: Naturalist Position Inquiry