If you love being outdoors and enjoy working with young children, we have an opportunity for you to combine these interests!
Elachee is searching for an enthusiastic Camp Director to lead Camp Elachee 2018 activities.
- A college degree in education, science or a related field is preferred, and some previous college attendance is required.
- Experience in working with children is a must, with documented work experience as a camp counselor, in providing childcare in a professional setting and/or as a programmatic director.
- Applicants subject to a Background Check, Driving Record Check and Drug Screening.
Camp Director Responsibilities
- Work Schedule: Employment is flexible part-time from January to May and August 2018, and is full-time (Monday-Friday) during Camp Elachee 2018’s Spring Break and Summer Day Camps.
- Salary: The position is paid hourly during part-time work, and paid a set weekly stipend during full-time camp weeks of work. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Camp Elachee 2018 Schedule
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills to successfully shepherd and accomplish the following.
2018 Pre-Camp Planning Responsibilities
- Supervise the planning, development and execution of Camp Elachee programming.
- Hire and train Camp Elachee counselors and high school age counselors-in-training.
- Create and maintain Camp Elachee budget.
- Plan and schedule Camp Elachee special education programs, i.e. speakers, presenters.
- Assist in marketing efforts to promote Camp Elachee registration.
- Coordinate the design and order of Camp Elachee t-shirts.
Camp Elachee 2018 Responsibilities
Official Camp Elachee Liaison
- Direct contact person with Campers’ parents/family, handling all interactions and communication regarding Camp questions/concerns, Camper attendance and Camper behavior, as needed.
- Assess any Camp-related emergency situation and initiate emergency protocols.
- Take the lead in conflict resolution.
Camp Elachee Operations
- Supervise and schedule all Camp Elachee staff shifts and duties.
- Coordinate with Registrar to monitor weekly Camp Elachee registration volumes and waiting lists.
- Coordinate weekly Camper parent pick-up process.
- Plan Camp Elachee weekly program schedules and activity rotations.
- Lead weekly Camp Elachee staff meetings.
- Maintain expense and budget record-keeping/reporting.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) Letters of Professional Reference