School Program Formats and Rates
NOTE TO TEACHERS: As of March 23, 2017, Elachee's field trip and outreach calendar is nearly booked through May 19, 2017. Please call 770-535-1976 for availability. We are accepting requests for summer and next fall.
Booking a Field Trip is as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Choose a topic. GRADE-LEVEL PROGRAMS
- Pick the best program format from the options below.
- Request your preferred date(s)/time(s). Complete the online scheduling request or call 770-535-1976. An Elachee representative will follow-up to finalize your reservation. SCHEDULE YOUR PROGRAM
Best Time to Schedule Field Trip
Elachee’s interactive curriculum is available year-round! We take field trip reservations on a first-come basis. Book a daytime program at Elachee in August, September, January or February to receive a 10-percent discount.
Choose a Field Trip Format Option
Program formats available for School, Home School or Small Group Field Trips:
2-Hour Program – Teachers’ MOST Popular Choice!Rates: $11.50 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $175 Minimum
Enjoy a classroom presentation and hike. Or, depending on the program, choose an outdoor program.
3-Hour Program – Ideal for more intensive topic explorations.Rates: $15.50 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $250 Minimum
Enjoy an extended classroom presentation and hike. Other options, depending on the program, include an outdoor program or a combination of two (2) classroom presentations and a hike.
4-Hour Program – Best of both worlds, two programs in one.Rates: $17 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $275 Minimum
Students benefit from combining two separate 2-hour programs that include classroom presentations and hikes.
Overnight at Elachee – Sleepover and studies for Elementary ages.Rates: $55 per participant (student/adult) – Requires a $750 Minimum. For groups of 15-30 students. Note: $5 per student for each additional hour of instruction.
Action-packed, custom-designed 5-hour program with the added bonus of sleeping at Elachee! Breakfast and a snack are included.
1-Hour Program – Great fit for summer or after school group excursions.Rates: $7 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $100 Minimum
Stretch your legs and minds with an interpretive hike or choose a classroom program.
Self-Guided Tour – Another fun choice for a summer or an after school group outing.Rates: $8 Per Person – No Minimum
Tour Elachee’s Visitor Center to enjoy the limited engagement traveling museum exhibition, Masters of the Night: The True Story of Bats, the animal exhibits and also walk the trails in Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
Reserving Picnic Areas for Your Group
Your group is welcome to bring sack lunches and use one of our picnic areas after your scheduled program. When you submit your Elachee Field Trip Scheduling Request, please indicate if your group needs to reserve one of our picnic areas for lunch. NOTE: Food/Beverages are not provided.
Alternate Elachee Field Trip Options
Lake Lanier Aquatic Studies – Two Program Options!
- 2-Hour Program Rates: $11.50 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $250 Minimum
- 3-Hour Program Rates: $15.50 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $350 Minimum
Students climb aboard the floating classroom, Chota Princess II, for a hands-on exploration of Lake Sidney Lanier. LEARN MORE
NOTE: Title One schools are eligible for Lake Lanier Aquatic Studies program scholarships courtesy of Elachee's program partner Chattahoochee Riverkeeper. Call Elachee for details, 770-535-1976.
We All Live Downstream – Custom Program/Aquatic Studies Combo3-Hour Program Rates: $18.50 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $350 Minimum
Elachee combines a custom-designed Outreach Program with a 3-hour Lake Lanier Aquatic Studiesprogram and cruise aboard the floating classroom, Chota Princess II.
Elachee Outreach Programs
Elachee in Your Classroom – A field trip on school grounds!
- Day Rates: $145 per 1-Hour Program (2 Program Minimum), plus $0.65 per round-trip mile.
- Evening Rates: $185 per 1-Hour Program (2 Program Minimum), plus $0.65 per round-trip mile.
Elachee’s talented and travel-tested instructors bring Georgia’s most extensive and exciting environmental education curriculum to your school. LEARN MORE
Call 770-535-1976 or CONTACT US
- Weather: All programs take place rain or shine. Elachee plans alternative curriculum in the event of inclement weather.
- Reschedule/Cancel: You may reschedule your program (if space is available) or cancel up to four (4) weeks before your originally confirmed date without penalty.
- Late Cancellation Fee: Elachee will charge 50 percent of the scheduled program fee for cancellations without at least a four-week notice.