Elementary Home School Program Series
First Wednesday Home School Program Series
The First Wednesday Home School Program Series engages home school students, ages 5 to 11 years in Kindergarten through 5th grade, with an exploration of Georgia habitats and ecosystems. Full Year and Single Semester registrations are available.
Presented in a small group setting, programs combine indoor/outdoor exploration utilizing the incredible resources of Elachee Nature Science Center in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve and nearby Lake Sidney Lanier.
Elachee’s innovative STEM-based environmental programming covers many math and science standards. Students enjoy learning experiences that delve into ecological relationships, water study, astronomy, biology, physics and more!
2016-2017 Program Schedule and Topics PDF
FALL SEMESTER 2016
Programs are 1:30-4 p.m.
- September 7, 2016 – Snakes of North Georgia
- October 5, 2016 – Fall Bird Migration
- November 2, 2016 – Trees of the Chicopee Woods
- December 7, 2016 – Orienteering with a Holiday Twist
SPRING SEMESTER 2017
Programs are 1:30-4 p.m. except where noted.
- January 4, 2017 – Celestial Wednesday: Astronomy
- February 1, 2017 – Mammal Sample
- March 1, 2017 – Amphibians of North Georgia
- April 5, 2017 – Stream Ecology
- May 3, 2017 – Lake Lanier Ecology (NOTE: Program is from 1-4:30 p.m.)
Home School Program Formats and Rates
2016-2017 ENROLLMENT for Elementary Students (Grades K-5)
- FULL YEAR Program Enrollment: Pre-payment required.
PROGRAM FEE: $130 per Student
(Elachee Annual Family-level members receive a $30 discount at registration)
- Per SEMESTER Program Enrollment: Pre-payment required.
PROGRAM FEE: $85 per Student, per Semester (Fall 2016, Spring 2017)
(Elachee Annual Family-level members receive a $20 discount at registration)