Elementary Home School Program Series
First Wednesday Program Series
The First Wednesday Home School Program Series engages home school students, ages 5 to 11 years in Kindergarten through 5th grade, with an exploration of Georgia habitats and ecosystems. ENROLL YOUR STUDENT for the full school year program or by semester.
Presented in a small group setting, programs combine indoor/outdoor exploration utilizing the incredible resources of Elachee Nature Science Center in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve and nearby Lake Sidney Lanier.
Elachee’s innovative STEAM-based environmental programming covers many math and science standards. Students enjoy learning experiences that delve into ecological relationships, water study, astronomy, biology, physics and more!
- $130 ... Full Year Enrollment (Sept. 2017 through May 2018)
NOTE: Elachee Annual Family Members receive a $30 per student discount. Active membership must be maintained for the duration of enrollment.
- $85 ... Per Semester Enrollment
(Fall Semester 2017: Sept. to Dec.; Spring Semester 2018: Jan. to May)
NOTE: Elachee Annual Family Members receive a $20 per student discount. Active membership must be maintained for the duration of enrollment.
- ENROLL YOUR STUDENT(s) for the Elementary First Wednesday Home School Program Series (grades Kindergarten-5th).
2017-2018 Program Topics
Unless stated otherwise, programs take place from 1:30-4 p.m. at Elachee Nature Science Center in Gainesville, Ga.
Fall Semester 2017
- Sep. 6... Fungi in the Woods
- Oct. 4 ... Spiders of North Georgia
- Nov. 1... Earth Art
- Dec. 6... Cross-Preserve Hike
Spring Semester 2018
- Jan. 4 ... Astronomy (Thursday evening)
- Feb. 7... Geology of North Georgia
- Mar. 7... Backyard Conservation
- Apr. 11.. Nature Journaling
- May 2 ... Pond Life