Raptor Fest 2017
Is a Hawk a buzzard or a vulture? Learn this and more at Elachee's 3rd Annual Raptor Fest.
Saturday, March 18, 2017
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE: Elachee Visitor Center, 2125 Elachee Drive, Gainesville, GA 30504 DIRECTIONS / MAP
WHAT: A seasonal Elachee public nature program with live bird and animal encounters giving children, families and nature lovers the chance to learn more about wild birds of prey.
ADMISSION: $5 Per Person (ages 2 and older), Pay at the Gate / Elachee Members FREE
PARKING: FREE shuttles to/from designated parking areas
- Live Bird Demonstrations with Buster Brown, Georgia Mountain Falconry
- Live Bird Demonstrations with Dale Arrowood and Greg Shelton, Winged Ambassadors
- Eagle Presentation with Eddie Elsberry, Berry College Director of Environmental Compliance and Sustainability
- Raptors of Georgia Presentation with Jim Ozier, Georgia Department of Natural Resources Program Manager
- Owl Presentation with Peter Gordon, Elachee Nature Science Center Director of Education
Ongoing Event Highlights
- Get up close and personal with live birds of prey as Sarah Rorie with Nature's Echo mixes and mingles among the crowd.
- Get your buzz on at Elachee's live bee exhibit and encounter winged, scaly and furry creatures in Elachee's Live Animal exhibit.
- Enjoy specially-designed Raptor Fest Crafts and Games.
- Raptor Fest family-friendly fun includes Face Painting, Birdwatching activities, Scavenger Hunts and admiring the Georgia Jr. Duck Stamp art exhibit.
- Young families may stroll on the Storybook Trail or let children under 5 burn off energy in the Adventure Playscape.
- Take a quick hike around the Nature Center along the handicap accessible trail, or a longer jaunt choosing among Elachee's 12 mile hiking trail system.
- Come hungry. Hot Dog Ninja will be on site! Or, buy snacks and beverages at the Nature Shop.
- Kids, bring your pocket change! Elachee's Nature Shop is overflowing with the most special and fantastical items.