Discover, Learn and Play
Elachee is an education and recreation hub for students, families and nature lovers.
- Admission: No charge, however visitors may leave a donation to park. See boxes in parking lots.
- Hours: Trails open to the public from 7 a.m. to dusk year-round, 7-days-a-week. Hikers may access trails from Elachee’s Visitor Center and the Elachee Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake.
- NOTE: No Dogs Weekdays. See details and additional trail restrictions below.
Elachee Visitor Center, Nature Shop and Exhibits
Visitor Center Hours:
- March to November: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- December to February:
Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and each first Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Dec. 2, 2017; Jan. 6 and Feb. 3, 2018)
- Holiday Hours: Posted by Date (see Calendar)
Admission: $5 Per Adult and $3 Per Child (Ages 2 to 12 Years) / Elachee Members FREE
- Pets (including Dogs) are PROHIBITED Monday through Friday on the Elachee campus, on the Hiking Trails and in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. This restriction is in place to protect school children visiting the campus and to comply with Elachee’s licensure requirements. NOTE: Dogs on leashes are welcome on Saturday and Sunday.
- No Smoking.
- No Bikes or Horses are permitted on the Hiking Trails.
- No Hunting or Fishing in the Nature Preserve.
- No collecting plants, animals, rocks or other natural materials from the Nature Preserve.
- Pack In, Pack Out (trash).
- Please remove all pet waste.
- No Fishing at Chicopee Lake or in any Creeks in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.