Enjoy a Day with the Trees
WHEN: Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
WHERE: Elachee Visitor Center, 2125 Elachee Drive, Gainesville, GA 30504
Thank you to event sponsor The Fockele Garden Company!
Tree Day Highlights
- Tree Sale PRESS RELEASE
Elachee offers a fabulous selection of quality grown deciduous and evergreen trees, and shrubs (including native azaleas) hardy up to Zone 5. These hard to find species and favorites are ideal for pollinators and wildlife. All major credit cards accepted.
Proceeds from the tree sale benefit Elachee Nature Science Center’s environmental education and conservation initiatives.
- Special Guest Cancellation Notice: Unfortunately, Elachee’s scheduled special guest Mark Warren has fallen ill and will not be present during this event.
Want More Trees?
From 10 a.m. until 1 p.m., join Elachee Naturalists on guided tree identification hikes. You will explore the unique eco-diversity of the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve, one of Georgia's largest protected green spaces. Fee also covers admission to Elachee’s natural history and live animal exhibits.
ADMISSION: $5 Per Person, FREE for Elachee Members
Available Trees, Shrubs and Plants
All species are in 3 gallon pots unless otherwise noted.
- White dogwood
- Pink dogwood – 7 gallon
- Carolina Silverbell
- 2 Blueberry Varieties: ‘Blue Crop’ and ‘Patriot’
- Possumhaw viburnum
- ‘Blue Ice’ Cypress
- ‘Black Dragon’ Cryptomeria: 1-gallon
- ‘Fire Chief’ Arborvitae: 1-gallon
- Oakleaf Hydrangea
- Florida Anise
- 3 Native Azaleas Varieties: Yellow, Pink, Deep Peach
- Bottlebrush Buckeye: 1-gallon
- Red Buckeye: 5-gallon
- Mapleleaf Viburnum: 1-gallon
- Winterberry: male ‘Southern Gentleman’ and female ‘Winter Red’
- Red Twig dogwood: ‘Arctic Fire’
- Hydrangea arborescens ‘Indrediball’
- Purple Ornamental Kale
- White Ornamental Cabbage
- Pansies: ‘Light Blue’ and ‘Lemon Yellow’ in 4” pots