Who better to carry on the Camp Elachee tradition than former campers? We offer the perfect solution! Come back as a Counselor-in-Training (C.I.T.).
- Teens entering high school, grades 9-12.
- Must work a minimum of two (2) camp weeks, Monday-Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Camp Elachee 2017 Schedule
- Will be required to participate in one (1) training day. This training will take place before the first scheduled work week.
- There is a one-time $60 fee to cover the cost of training, supervision and a coveted Camp Elachee staff t-shirt.
- Download Camp Elachee 2017 C.I.T Application
- C.I.T.’s will report to and work under the direction of the Camp Director.
- C.I.T.’s will exhibit high energy and enthusiasm.
- C.I.T.’s will work closely with the Camp Counselors to provide younger children with valuable summer experiences, to stimulate curiosity about the natural world, encourage exploration and discovery, and promote a love of and respect for the outdoors through experiential activities.
- Follow all safety procedures to ensure the safety of all campers and staff.
- Assess and respond to the needs of each camper.
- Work as a team with other Elachee staff members.
- Maintain good communication with Elachee staff as to early pick-ups, and other special needs or circumstances.
- Assist in taking attendance and ensuring that all campers in his/her group are well supervised and within sight or sound of a staff person at all times.
- Arrive at Elachee on time and stay, as needed, to make necessary preparations for the next day.
- Maintain the facilities, equipment and supplies in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assist instructors with daily education, craft and recreation activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.